“Listening Squawks” – Solent to Join In
Solent set to join the ‘listening squawk’ trial from 28th January 2010.
The Solent area will be introducing a listening Squawk from 06:30 on Thursday 28th January 2010. Solent is the second most infringed airspace in the UK. The current list of listening squawks (with Solent from 28/1/2010) around England is:
- 0010 Birmingham 118.050 MHz
- 0011 Solent / Bournemouth 120.225 MHz / 119.475 MHz – more details shortly
- 0012 Thames Radar/Gatwick 132.7 MHz / 126.825 MHz respectively
- 0013 Luton / Stansted 129.550 MHz / 120.625 MHz respectively
- 6170 Doncaster Approach 126.225 MHz
- 7366 Manchester 118.575 MHz
Remember usual rules apply, you are not in receipt of a service and you must stay in Class G airspace, you cannot enter the CTA or CTR. Go back to another suitable squawk (eg: 7000-C) when you move away from the area or stop monitoring.